My social media class has been assigned to read the book A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization by Deltina Hay. This week, the reading assignment was over chapter 4 and this chapter is about building a wordpress powered website. The chapter gives you some great tips about how to build and put together a WordPress Blog. Listed below are a few of the things that I thought were the most important points in this chapter.
- WordPress is one of the easiest content management systems to learn and there are countless plug-ins and themes to choose from.
- WordPress offers many diverse templets for their users to use.
- The main areas of a WordPress site includes: the header, navigation menu, the main body area, the sidebars, the footer, sidebar widgets, static pages.
- When planning your site, its good to have a list of what you would like to have on your site.
- Choosing a theme helps determine your sites functionality.