My social media class has been assigned to read the book A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization by Deltina Hay. This week, the reading assignment was over chapter 5. This chapter is about podcasting, vidcasting, and webcasting. Listed below are a few of the things that I thought were the most important points in this chapter.
- Podcasts are a series of audio or visual files that are distributed over the internet. They are a lot like television shows or a radio broadcast because podcasts can be syndicated and you can subscribe to listen to them. However, you can download them and listen/watch them at any time.
- The general plan for creating and promoting your podcast includes:
- Record and prepare a podcast episode
- Upload the episode to the internet
- Publish the epsiode to a blog, website, or service
- Create your podcast feed
- Burn your podcast feed to FeedBurner
- Promote your podcast on your website or blog, and in podcast directories