My social media class has been assigned to read the book A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization by Deltina Hay. This week, the reading assignment was over chapter 6. This chapter is all about social networking and micro-blogging. Listed below are a few of the things that I thought were the most important points in these chapters.
- Social networking is one of the most powerful social media strategies you can implement.
- Most social networking sites allow you to create a personal profile page to post information about you or your business, invite people to join your network, join groups, blast messages, and events, connect with other people, and much more.
- Facebook is currently the fastest growing social networking site and an ideal first choice for anyone or any business wanting to get a solid foothold in the social web.
- Other social networking sites include: Myspace, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Social Bookmarking and Media Communication sites include Flickr, Delicious.com, and StumbleUpon.