If you’ve been following my blog, My class has been assigned to raed the book A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization by Deltina Hay. This week, my class was assigned to read chapters 11 & 12. This two chapters of the book offers the reader some important social media tools that can be used in order to pull it all together. Listed below are a few of the things that I thought were the most imporant points in these chapters.
Chapter 11 Looks at Social Tools:
- Social Calendars, these offere a great place for you to gain exposure to your audience. They allow you to post all of your upcoming envents and important dates. Google Calendars is one that I myself am familiar with.
- Socail Pages, like Squidoo are similar to creating a page about yourself or your business, but instead you are creating a page about one particular topic. By doing this, you allow people the chance to search for either a particular topic or one person.
- Wikis, Social Search Portals, &Virtual Worlds are a few other social tools that were mentioned.
Chapter 12 Looks at How to Pull it All Together:
- The book gives 3 questions that determine if your website is optimized
- Can users interact with the content?
- Can visitors share the content easily with others?
- Does the site encourage collaboration?